Giving user permissions in Amazon Seller Central account has never been this easy. We all know that managing a business is tough and at some point, we need a hand. When you first set up your Seller Central account on Amazon, only you can access the account tools and features.
However, you might want to provide access to others who are involved in the management of your business. For example, you might want a co-owner or employee to manage inventory or handle shipping confirmations. You can add users or adjust user permissions with the User Permissions feature.
It’s a good thing that Amazon Seller Central uses an invitation model to manage user accounts so you the Admin can give permission to other users. First, you, as the account manager or administrator, send an email or SMS to other users, inviting them to create an account on Seller Central. Next, you need to configure the permissions for each user.
To Give User Permissions on Amazon Seller Central:
1. You need to login to your Amazon Seller Central account.
2. Hover your mouse to “Settings” located on the top right and select “User Permissions” in the drop-down menu.
3. Type in the Name and Email address in the blank field and click “Send Invitation”.
After you sent the invitation, the name of the person you invited will show up in the “Open Invitations” field. You can either resend or delete the invitation by clicking the buttons in line to it.
The invited user will receive the confirmation in a matter of seconds and if the invited user doesn't see it, he can either check it in the Spam or Promotions folder.
4. Once the invited user has accepted the invite, the name will show up in the “Current User” area.
5. By then, you can manage the user’s access to your account by clicking the “Manage Permissions” button.
By default, the user doesn’t have any permissions yet until you assign them one.
6. Once you're done selecting the permissions that you wish to grant, click continue to save and confirm the permissions granted.
If you want to remove a user from having access to your account, just click the “Delete” button in line with the name of the user and click “OK” to confirm
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!