Amazon offers an incredible opportunity to reach new markets and increase the visibility of your brand with Amazon Stores. Amazon Stores provide an enhanced brand-centric shopping experience on Amazon in desktop and mobile platforms. The main benefit of Amazon Stores is to provide customized content to potential customers and to introduce prospective customers to your brand.
Amazon Storefront gives you a unique Amazon web address for your specific store. This is an incredibly powerful feature to utilize for off-platform advertising – particularly on Social Media platforms where the ads will show the domain redirecting to a trusted site like Amazon. The good thing about this is that Amazon allows you to customize your storefront URL and we will walk you through on how to do it.
Before we start, I just want to let you know that Amazon Storefront is only available for professional sellers and that would be for $39.99 a month.
Customize Your Amazon Storefront URL
1. The first thing that you need to do is to log-in to your Seller Central account.
2. Once you are in, hover your mouse to Settings located on the top right section then select Account Info on the drop-down.
3. You should reach the Seller Account Information page. Under the Business Information section, click the Display Name link.
4. Choose the appropriate marketplace and click the Edit link next to the Store Details.
5. Under Storefront Link edit the field on the right. You need to make sure that the storefront name is not yet used. So you can just type your brand name there and let Amazon check it. It will show a red exclamation point with a notice if the store name is used.
It will also give you a green check if it is Available.
6. Once you have finalized your storefront URL, click the submit button to save and make the URL yours.
You should see a green callout giving you the confirmation.
Now when you would want to visit your shop, you can just type in www.amazon.com/shops/yourstorename. Now your URL is ready to be shared on any social media platform.
And those are the steps on how to customize your storefront URL in Amazon Seller Central.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!